Best Water Purifiers in India Review (2018) – UV, UF, RO Water Purifiers
Do you want to buy the best water purifier and don’t want to make the mistake of buying the wrong product? The answer should be obviously yes, but before buying a water purifier you have to ask the following question.
What type of water purifier should I buy?
There are many types of water purifiers in the market, namely the ones that use RO, UV, UF, TDS technology in the purification process.
If the water supply in your house is not hard water, all you need to do is just boil the water. If you are thinking about buying just a plain UV water purifier, it is not worth spending your hard-earned money. UV water purifier only resembles boiling process.
Note, I don’t think any water purifier just comes using UV technology; however, if you come across anything like that, avoid it unless you want to substitute the boiling process.
Now that you know what a UV water purifier does, it is time to look into other water purifiers which uses advanced purification technology. The latest generation of water purifiers uses UV, UF, RO technology and there is no substitute for these technologies. If the water supply in your house is that of hard water, then these water purifiers will definitely help.
Very hard water is high in dissolved minerals and is unfit for drinking, don’t just ignore this as prolonged consumption of hard water could affect your health. Although very hard water is considered harmful, mild hard water does not seem to cause major health problems according to some studies and warrants further studies to establish its effects on human body.
TDS level less than 500 mg/litre (500 ppm) is considered safe for drinking and you don’t need to use RO water purifier. If you want to know more about TDS in water, read this article – TDS level in water.
Now if you have made up your mind to buy a water purifier, but not sure which is the best one, don’t worry; I have formulated a list which could help you in choosing the best water purifier of your choice.
Best Water Purifiers in India 2018 Reviews
The below listed 5 water purifiers are the best selling products in the market and you can buy these products at the best price from Amazon India. You can read more about these water purifiers below. This comprehensive review is inclusive of all types of water purifiers and each product is the best in its product category.
1. Livpure Glo 7-Litre RO+UV+Mineralizer Water Purifier (White)
The Livpure Glo 7-Litre RO+UV+Mineralizer water purifier is a popular model with a storage capacity of 7 liters of water ensuring availability of water almost all the time. One of its impressive features is that the system works during electricity outages as it stores purified water. The water purifier also blends beautifully with the other appliances in the kitchen. The 6-stage advanced purification technology made this filter stand out among the crowd. Let me share the exciting features with you.
6-stage advanced purification system
The major highlight of this water purifier is the 6-stage advanced filtration system. It comprises of a sediment filter, a pre-activated carbon filter cum absorber followed by the RO membrane and a UV disinfection column. The system ends with a silver impregnated post carbon filter and finally a mineral cartridge. This makes your filtered water taste like mineral water.
Sleek and attractive design
Looks do matter in today’s world. In addition to its performance, this water purifier has the looks to be right up there among the best. Pure white in colour, this water purifier can sit proudly in your kitchen. The storage capacity of 7 litres makes it perfect for the small Indian family today. The full tank indicator and the 12-litre per hour purification capacity are additional features.
Features and Specifications
- The sleek and elegant design is a major attraction for anyone.
- The 6-stage advanced purification system combines the best technologies available in the industry.
- The sediment filter takes care of the visible impurities.
- The pre-activated carbon plays a great part in removal of the pesticide residue you find in tap water.
- The RO system is the heart of the machine, capable of taking care of the minutest of impurities like microbes in addition to the heavy metals and pesticides.
- The UV filtration system takes care of the advanced purification making the water absolutely pure.
- The silver-impregnated post carbon filters enhances the taste of water.
- The post carbon filter is an additional layer of defence ensuring you get pure water to drink.
- The mineral cartridge imparts the taste of mineral water by enhancing the qualities of minerals in the water.
- This filter is capable of tackling TDS up to 1500 ppm.
- A storage capacity of 7 litres makes it perfect for Indian homes.
Pros and Cons
- Advanced 6-stage purification technology.
- Attractive design.
- Storage capacity of 7 liters of water which is absolutely pure.
- Wastage of water.
Free installation service is provided by the manufacturer.
At the time of me writing this review, the Livpure Glo 7-Litre RO+UV+Mineralizer Water Purifier has got positive customer reviews from customers who are satisfied with this product. Some describe it as a good budget water purifier, excellent, nice and worthy to buy water purifier.
Few customers have given their reviews after using this purifier for 6 to 8 months’ time. Many find the product working fine with no major problems. From my reading of many positive reviews, I am of the opinion this is in fact a great product.
There are negative reviews for this product as well with the primary complaint being that of poor customer service and defective product.
With all being said, still the positive reviews outweighs the negative ones and this is a good product to use at your home. The Livpure Glo 7-Litre RO+UV+Mineralizer Water Purifier is one of the best water purifiers available to date.
Also Read: Best Nonelectrical Water Purifiers in India
2. Kent Grand 8-Litre Wall Mountable RO+UV+UF+TDS Water Purifier (White)
The Kent 8-Litre Wall Mountable water purifier is the largest selling and most trusted RO water purifier which has a design which is primarily transparent and has an inbuilt TDS controller. It is one of the best water purifier which is suitable for purifying water which is slightly salty, it can also be used for tap water or the local municipal corporation water supply.
If you live in an area where you find a lot of dissolved salts in tap water which makes it unfit for drinking, this water purifier is ideal for you. This is one water purifier whose performance matches its looks. The advanced technology of RO+UV+UF+TDS gives it an edge over other water purifiers and hence is undoubtedly the best water purifier for purifying dissolved salts in the water.
State-of-the-art purification plus TDS controller
You expect your water purifier to provide you safe and tasty water. This product fits the bill perfectly. The advanced purification system consisting of a sediment filter and pre-activated carbon filter is capable of tackling the toughest of impurities. The RO and UV mechanism ensures that the end product is free from bacteria and microbes. You have the TDS controller capable of handling the most concentrated salts. You get crystal clear pure water at the end of the process.
Excellent supplementary features
The filter change alarm is an exciting feature of this water purifier. You get a perfect idea when to change the filter. The UV fail alarm alerts you to effect the change as quickly as possible. You have an attractive and sleek design on hand that fits not only into your kitchen but also your budget as well. The built-in SMPS technology protects your appliance from voltage fluctuations so common in India.
Features and Specifications
- 8-litre capacity is perfect for the Indian hybrid family.
- Sediment filter eliminates the visible impurities before sending the water into the machine.
- Pre-activated carbon filter takes care of germicide and pesticide residues in tap water.
- You have the RO technology to handle the tough metal residues as well as other dissolved impurities.
- Ultrafiltration membrane is capable of trapping the minute bacteria and cysts present in the water.
- TDS controller works in tandem with the RO system and maintains the balance of essential minerals while eliminating the hardness of the water.
- UV filtration technology deactivates the microorganisms like viruses and bacteria making the water 100% pure.
- Post carbon filter enhances the taste of the purified water before dispensing to the user.
- Certified by testing agencies like ISI, NSF, WQA, and CE, this product complies with all testing standards.
- Made from high grade plastic material, this is a durable appliance.
- Fully automatic operation eliminates manual intervention.
- Filter change alarms are additional useful features.
Pros and Cons
- Advanced Purification technology.
- Filter change alarm.
- Excellent and sleek design.
- Delivers 100% pure water with great taste.
- Wastes lot of water.
- High maintenance costs.
Free installation done by the manufacturer.
The Kent Grand 8-Litre Wall Mountable RO+UV+UF+TDS Water Purifier has received satisfactory reviews which gives an impression that the customers are happy using this product.
The customers who like this product call it awesome, great, worthy, perfect and best water purifier. On the other side, the not so happy customers who did not like this product gave negative reviews because of high maintenance cost, poor customer service and problems with the machine not working properly.
The most common complaints that customers have with regard to this product is high maintenance cost, wastage of water and poor after-sales service by Kent company.
My call on this product is that it is a good product. This product uses advanced purification technology and hence the high maintenance cost. Customer after-sales service is something that Kent company should address. As far as product is concerned, it is a decent product to use.
Also Read: Best RO Water Purifiers Under 15000 to 20000
3. HUL Pureit 5 Litres Classic RO+UV 6-Stage Water Purifier
The HUL Pureit 5-litres Classic RO+UV water purifier system purifies water with the advanced 6-stage technology comprising of RO+MF process. This purifier can withstand high as well as low voltage fluctuations ranging from as high as 300 volts to low voltage as low as 150 VAC. Let us look at the features and share views regarding the performance of this water purifier.
6-stage purifying technology
The quality of tap water in India is such that it requires treatment before one can state it is pure. Water purifier manufacturers have come up with novel technologies such as reverse osmosis and ultraviolet filtration. This product uses six different kinds of filtration methods before delivering crystal clear water to drink. This is the major highlight of this modern day water purifier.
It is like a box-appearing water purifier which is simple yet stylish. It has an engineering grade plastic body which is durable. Not much to hype about, but is a worthy enough water purifier for you to add beauty to your kitchen.
Features and Specifications
- 5 litres of storage capacity ensures that you have good supply of water even during electric power cuts.
- 6-stage filtration technology.
- Pre-sediment filter eliminates visible impurities.
- Pre-RO carbon filter takes care to remove pesticide residues.
- Post carbon sediment filter.
- RO membrane takes care of metal residues and other minute impurities.
- Micro filtration/UV chamber facility ensures elimination of microbes, bacteria and viruses.
- Post RO carbon filter enhances the taste of water.
- TDS removal up to 1800 ppm is a commendable feature.
- Voltage fluctuation guard protects your appliance from high voltage fluctuations.
Pros and Cons
- 6-stage filtration technology.
- Advanced voltage fluctuation guard.
- TDS removal up to 1800 ppm.
- Impeccable appearance.
- Excessive wastage of water.
- Makes noise.
Free installation provided by the manufacturer.
Majority of users have confirmed that they are satisfied with the performance of this water purifier. Some describe this is an awesome product and to blindly go for it. Another customer describes it as an outstanding product.
A not so happy customer had a different story to tell. According to this consumer, there was no improvement in the quality of water even after passing through the system. There are reports of slag layer being formed on top of the water; however, this might be a stray case of manufacturing defect. One should not generalize the issue.
Bulk of the negative reviews for this product is poor after-sales service. This is the usual complaint concerning all products. The product is, however, good to use at home.
4. Kent Maxx 7-Litre UV Water Purifier
The Kent Maxx water purifier is an innovative product developed by Kent Company using UV and UF filtration process. This is not an RO product and suitable for those people who does not need RO filtration process. If you don’t want to go for the high-end fancy RO+UV water purifiers, you do not have to look beyond Kent Maxx 7-litre UV water purifier.
Double purification is the USP of this appliance
This appliance does not have RO membranes to ensure the highest quality of purification; however, it amply compensates with both Ultrafiltration (UF) and Ultraviolet (UV) radiation technology. This ensures elimination of all kinds of contaminants and microbes as well. ISI and CE certification is a great assurance to have because it ensures adherence to stringent testing requirements.
Great features to go along with the double purification
Made from ABS grade food plastic, this water purifier has a durable life. The 7-litre capacity is more than enough for the average Indian family. The filter change alarm and the UV fail alarm are exciting features that provide useful notifications to the user. The built in SMPS allows the appliance to function in a wide voltage range from 100 to 300 volts.
Features and Specifications
- 7-litre storage capacity is a good enough one for a medium-sized Indian family.
- Double filtration (UF +UV) procedure takes care of almost all kinds of impurities.
- Filter change and UV fail alarm are excellent notification features.
- 11-watt UV lamp eliminates dangerous microorganisms.
- ABS grade plastic body makes this appliance a durable one.
- Built-in SMPS system enables this appliance to work in a diverse voltage range.
- No need for any manual intervention as this appliance is fully automatic.
- Excellent anti-leakage facilities prevent wastage of water.
Pros and Cons
- Double filtration including UV and UF.
- 7-litre capacity makes it a large filter.
- No need of external voltage stabilizer.
- No reverse osmosis technology.
- Not suitable for bore-well or tanker water.
Free installation is provided by the product developer.
The Kent Maxx 7-Litre UV Water Purifier is a very popular water purifier because of its low price. The end users are satisfied with the performance as well as the appearance of the water purifier.
As far as positive reviews are concerned, many customers feel it is a reasonably-priced water purifier. They also appreciate customer service being offered to them.
Some customers are not happy using this product with their complaints comprising of getting defective product, poor customer service and the machine not working properly in a short time frame.
Certain users have been very specific with their reviews stating clearly that this water purifier is not fit to handle bore-well or tanker water. It is true because you need RO technology to handle the heavy metal impurities you encounter in such types of water sources.
This is a suitable water purifier to buy for someone who doesn’t need an RO water purifier.
Also Read: Top 5 Water Purifiers Under Rs.10000
5. HUL Pureit WPWL100 Classic 23-Litre Water Purifier (Blue)
The HUL Pureit WPWL100 Classic model water purifier uses a 4-stage cleaning process. This multi-stage process of cleaning eliminates the sediments as well as kills the harmful germs making it fit to drink. It is a really simple purifying product with a total capacity of 23 litres and clean water capacity of 9 litres. For more significant features read below.
Germ kill Cartridge Life of 1500 litres
One germ kill cartridge can kill more than one crore viruses in one litre of water. This does sound an astounding figure. The advantage of using this filter is that one cartridge can purify 1500 litres of water before seeking the need for a replacement. The cartridge automatically shuts off after filtering 1500 litres. Hence, one cartridge can easily run for more than a year in a normal Indian household of 4 persons.
Four-stage purification process is perfect for the Indian kitchen
Specially designed with the requirement of the Indian household in mind, this water purifier can give you 1500 litres of clean drinking water on a single cartridge. Made from high-grade food quality plastic, this is a durable water purifier. Certified by US EPA, this water purifier can match up to international standards.
Features and Specifications
- High capacity of 23 litres.
- 4-stage purification process is capable of removing dirt as well as dissolved impurities from tap water.
- You have 9 litres of pure water at any given time inside the appliance.
- Have a germ kill cartridge life of 1500 litres after which the system shuts off automatically.
- This system does not need continuous running water or electric power to function.
- Made from high quality plastic, this product have a guaranteed long life.
- Activated carbon trap helps in eliminating pesticides and undesirable odour.
Pros and Cons
- Removes 1 crore viruses from 1 litre of water.
- GermKill technology is an advanced water purification technology.
- Auto shut off facility after purification of 1500 litres.
- Doesn’t need electricity for functioning.
- No RO, UV, or UF technology.
- Cannot load water if bottom transparent container is full of water.
- Instant purification of water not available.
Six months warranty.
This product does not need installation.
Being a gravity-based water purifier, the HUL Pureit WPWL100 Classic 23-Litre Water Purifier is still a favorite for the consumers.
People are happy with the performance of this product. They acknowledge the fact that this water purifier is excellent for the price on offer. One customer has pointed out that this system takes some time for purifying water. He also advocates not using the water the first couple of times. Subsequently, he is of the opinion that taste of water is exemplary.
A couple of customers have reported leaks. In fact, one should not add water to the top container when the bottom one is full of water. Water will tend to overflow.
If you don’t want an RO-based water purifier and don’t like to spend much, you can buy this one.
Though it not being a water purifier which uses superior technology, it is still one the best water purifier under nonelectrical water purifiers.
I have carefully chosen the above-listed water purifiers for consumers who require RO, UV, UF, TDS based technology. These are the best water purifiers out of the whole lot of products in the market. You should choose products which suits your requirements. Test water before buying any product to avoid you buying the wrong product.
If you still got doubts on buying the right water purifier, read this article –Ultimate guide to buy the right water purifier.